Saturday, August 6, 2011

Awaken

Maher Zain..

Saya menonton youtube maher zain kat rumah dengan aisyah..
Saya buka nasyid Insya Allah yg dinyanyikan kat Stadium Shah Alam..

Aisyah punya seronok... Dia kata, 'Alaaaaa it's not fair.. orang Malaysia boleh tengok Maher Zain.. I also want to be there..'

Lepas tu dia kata, 'Umi, how much do you reckon for the ticket?'

'Maybe more than RM 100. I'm not sure..'

Dia buat analisa..


'But, I think it's ok kan Umi... RM 100 pun boleh sebab concert tu bukan dengar lagu tak soleh.. semua lagu pasal Allah kan.. so takpalah seratuspun.. Tapi kalau concert tu lagu tak soleh, tak boleh pergi, nanti Allah marah..'

'humpp.. pandai anak Umi ni...'

-------------

Then kami dengar nasyid Awaken ni pulak, analisa Aisyah memang ler power.. hehe...
terdiam saya..
sebab lagu ni asalnya saya pun tak berapa paham bila dengar..
Baca lirik baru paham
Saya diskus sambil nak dengar pendapat dia..
Aisyah kupas, saya jadi lagi paham.. hehe..

Soalan saya tanya Aisyah,
'Aisyah apa isi song awaken ni sebenarnya?'

'This is my favorite song Umi.. memang best. Ya lah sebab dia cakap, kita selalu ingat kita bagus, buy new things and go to good places, we feel satisfied, but it's not our feeling that we should see, but what Allah says about us? Allah satisfied tak dengan kita? kita donate not because we want to help sincerely, but because kita tak tahan dengar orang mintak, kita pun kasi.. We have to ask whether Allah satisfied tak dengan kita.. Itulah lagu tu Umi..'

'Oooooo... then what should we do? what does the song want from us?'

'Kita have to change la Umi... instead of thinking about us, buy new stuff, buy cars, go shopping, go to new countries.. we should ikut ALlah, bukan ikut kita je Umi.. That's why dia kata awaken..'

'Ooooooo.. then why should maher zain say lower our head? why?'

'Yelah... sebab kita dah tak tengok Is Allah satisfied or not.. when we realize, we feel ashamed of ourselves.. then kita tunduk la.. macam ni Umi.. jalan tunduk jer sebab dah malu buat salah.. macam tu ler Umi...'

'Ooooooooo.........'

Aisyah aisyah...

_______________




Ini adalah lirik lagu Awaken


AWAKEN

We were given so many prizes
We changed the desert into oasis
We built buildings of different lengths and sizes
And we felt so very satisfied
We bought and bought
We couldn't stop buying
We gave charity to the poor 'cause
We couldn't stand their crying
We thought we paid our dues
But in fact
To ourselves we're just lying

Oh...I'm walking with my head lowered in shame from my place
I'm walking with my head lowered from my race
Yes it's easy to blame everything on the west
When in fact all focus should be on ourselves

We were told what to buy and we'd bought
We went to London, Paris and
We made show we were seen in the most exlusive shops
Yes we felt so very satisfied

We felt our money gave us infinite power
We forgot to teach our children about history and honor
We didn't have any time to lose
When we were.. (were)
So busy feeling so satisfied

I'm walking with my head lowered in shame from my place
I'm walking with my head lowered from my race
Yes it's easy to blame everything on the west
When in fact all focus should be on ourselves

We became the visuals without a soul
despite the heat
Our homes felt so empty and cold
To fill the emptiness
We bought and bought
Maybe all the fancy cars
And bling will make us feel satisfied

My dear brother and sister
It's time to change inside
Open your eyes
Don't throw away what's right aside
Before the day comes
When there's nowhere to run and hide
Now ask yourself 'cause Allah's watching you

Is He satisfied?
Is Allah satisfied?
Is Allah satisfied?
Is Allah satisfied?

Oh..I'm walking with my head lowered in shame from my place
I'm walking with my head lowered from my race
Yes it's easy to blame everything on the west
When in fact all focus should be on ourselves