Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Two Muslim Scholars From Indonesia

On 9th Jan when I went to ISTAC for the opening ceremony of the 'Seminar Islam and Science,' I met two Muslim scholars from Indonesia. Through the discussion made, I got some important and valuable advice and for sure I will try to follow the advice given..

What actually happened on that day?

As I alrealy explained in the previous entry, I reached there around 9.15am, I felt a bit guilty for being late when the session had already started at 9am. Actually I was asked to go there, as the only representative from UiTM, which was actually under the name of Vice Chanselor.. hehe..gempak gak..

So when I reached there, I informed the staff incharged that I was the representative of my Big Boss, and she ushered me to the great hall. I thought I could sit at any place as I wished but she asked me to sit on the second chair infront others which stated VVIP.. Oh ohoo and I was the only female... segannye..

Beside me was the Ambassador of Saudi, and on my right was Datok Firdaus, Director of Dewan Bahasa & Pustaka.. What I did was 'kept smiling and addressed them with Assalamualaikum..' hehe... After a few second, the Syeikh from Saudi asked me questions about ISTAC, what ISTAC is stand for, about UiTM etc.. And I also talked a bit with Datok Firdaus. He came because he involved in launching the book entitled "Islam and Science' by one of ISTAC members ie Prof Baharuddin...

After the session ended around 10.30am, the staff ushered us to the VVIP room for breakfast. Then here I met two learned figures from Indonesia...

Plus the two guys, I now have three new friends from Indonesia...

First, Ibu Aliya the Syariah Judge from Jakarta that I met during the discussion on position of women organised by United Nation and Ministry of Women last November 07...
And now add with these two respected figures ...

Jeng jeng jeng ... who were the two guys?

To be continued later...